Wednesday 25 April 2012

Walking in the Wicklow Mountains

Hello:)

 On Friday the 27th of April some of TY is taking part in the Presidental Gaisce Award! It is the country's most prestigious and respected Award Programe. Basically, you can get three medals; Bronze, Silver and Bronze. I am taking part in the Bronze Award. I had to start or continue on with three activities. One that was to do with sport, another was a personal skill and finally something to help the community!You have to do 13 weeks in the three activities and an extra 13 in one of your choice. For my sport's activity I continued with my swimming as i am a member of Clondalkin Leisure Centre.For my personal skill I started something completely new which was piano. I am in love with playing piano now and im so glad I started it! For my community involvement skill I supervised the Homework Club in school.

 This Friday is the final part of our Gaisce, the hike. We are going to Kippure Estate in the Wicklow Mountains. It will be great fun and to learn more about the Gaisce Award check out http://www.gaisce.ie/ That's all for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment